- Location: Principal Hotel, Manchester
- Date: Friday 29th June 2018
- Tickets: £55 + VAT
Join us for a very special Charity Business Lunch featuring an interview with John Roberts, Founder of AO.com.
John founded online electrical retailer AO.com in 2000 following a £1 bet with his friend that he couldn’t change the face of the white goods market. Twenty years later, with the industry changed, it has proven to be a valuable bet. AO has gone from three people to nearly 3000, was valued at £1.2bn at IPO in 2014 and won numerous awards including Retail Week’s ‘Best Employer’ and Which? Magazine’s ‘Best Online Shop’.
John’s obsession with culture and customer service through innovation for structural advantage has been the driver of that success. His ‘AO Way’ ethos has seen him recognised for his leadership, coming second in the Sunday Times ‘Most Inspirational Leader’ and ranked in the top 10 CEOs to work for by Glassdoor.
John will be interviewed by Matt Davies. Matt is a former Chief Executive of Pets At Home and Halfords. He is currently CEO of Tesco UK and ROI. He will be leaving after 3 years at the end of June to be Chairman of N Brown plc. The lunch will also be hosted by comedian, Alun Cochrane. Alun has appeared on numerous TV shows including Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow, Russell Howard’s Good News, Mock The Week, Dave’s One Night Stand, Never Mind The Buzzcocks, Have I Got News For You and 8 Out Of 10 Cats.
This event is organised by a dear supporter of The SMA Trust, Jonathan Dee. This is his 6th event of this size and he is looking forward to raising a substantial amount of money again for both research into Spinal Muscular Atrophy and also for the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital. Jonathan, along with his wife, Patricia, are Team Leaders of Team David and have been supporting the charity for several years since their son, David, was diagnosed with SMA.
We are thankful to have three incredible Main Sponsors on board: Beaverbrooks, PZ Cussons and Swizzels Matlow
Tickets to the event are £55 + VAT per person. To purchase yours, please click here.
PURCHASE AN ADVERTISEMENT IN THE EVENT BROCHURE
Here is a brilliant opportunity to get your name/your company’s name in front of 100+ attendees from companies across Manchester. There are 4 advertising options:
* Full Page Advert (Square 190mm x 190mm) £220.00
* Half Page Advert (Landscape 190mm x 90mm) £145.00
* Quarter Page Advert (Square 90mm x 90mm) £95.00
* Become a Patron (Your name/Your company name will be listed in the event brochure) £45.00
You can purchase your advert in a number of ways:
* Pay by credit / debit card through this online form
* BACS payment through to: The SMA Trust, Sort Code: 30-98-26, Account No: 02628431. Please use your company name prefixed with “JD” as a reference.
* Send a cheque or CAF to: The SMA Trust, 3 Wychwood Court, Cotswold Business Village, Moreton-in-Marsh, GL56 0JQ. Please include your company name and a message to say what the payment is for.
Following payment, Liz or Jade from The SMA Trust will be in touch with you about submitting your design for the brochure. If you have any questions, please contact: Liz Thatcher on 01608 801020, or email firstname.lastname@example.org